The Parish Church of St. Patrick’s was opened on the 24th October 1877. This wonderful Victorian building was originally designed by Joseph Hansom.
The Church has undergone several renovations in the 1960’s and again in 1988. It was in 2020 that this restoration began after several years of preparation, planning and research. Indeed, the clear vision was truly about realising a dream in which the Church would be returned to its Victorian integrity while assimilating the earlier renovations.
The whole Church interior was completely restored, with some essential exterior work and building envelope maintenance.
Areas of work included but were not limited to, sanctuary refurbishment, altar refurbishment, new reredos, new confessional, addition of a glassed Chapel of the Word, new tiling to entire floor, new baptismal area, decoration, heating & lighting works and liaison with various specialist subcontractors.